Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Bird In The Rain

After the long summer full of heat,
The Clouds gave some hope of relief.
As it rained on the thirsty ground,
Soon it was greenery all around.

One day as it rained heavily outdoors,
I sat watching a little feather as it soars.
Something I noticed near my bedroom window,
Shivering with cold a poor little sparrow.

The bird flew as the rain stopped,
Her small nest lay there covered with drops.
Everyday the bird Worked bit by bit,
Finished the nest which looked very sweet.

One early morning as the days passed,
I Woke up as new born chicks cried.
They all lay in the cold weather,
Under the warmth of her small feathers.

The scene to me was a great delight,
Holding one of them as the mother was out.
Innocent and delicate life as it was,
I had fun with it for long hours.

Suddenly but I know not how,
The little bird fell on the ground.
Injured out of severe pain as it cried,
A sense of guilt I had in my heart.

Lifting it with a lot of care,
For it's well being I had a prayer.
Back into the nest as it rest,
Mother came serving them at her best.

After the rain came the winter,
Snow covering the ground all over.
Having a great new world their way,
Fully Grown one day they all flew away.

No comments: